Education Works in Pre-school
During the busy pre-school day, children engage in a wide range of well-planned and stimulating activities, designed to develop specific skills and concepts. Early Years' practitioners skilfully support children's development across 6 areas of learning; monitoring their progress and adapting experiences to meet individual needs.
Education Works in Pre-school aims to enable settings to raise parents' understanding of the preschool curriculum and develop their role in supporting children's learning. Settings can apply for up to £550 to provide information sessions/ workshops, guidance and support materials to encourage parents to support their children's learning at home.
Settings may wish to:
- share information about the importance of the pre-school curriculum and the 6 areas of learning
- demonstrate learning experiences and strategies used to develop specific skills
- provide guidance and support materials to help parents extend children's learning and develop specific skills in the home environment
- sign-post parents to useful contacts and sources of relevant information
Within Getting Ready to Learn there is no set programme to follow. Each pre-school setting is best placed to decide which elements would be most relevant to support their parents and children. Guidance material will be provided to support settings in delivering tailor-made programmes to suit their specific needs, including:
- suggested session outlines and sample presentations;
- practical ideas for workshops;
- advice from Early Years' Education and Health Professionals
- access to current research
- sharing of practice across local pre-school settings